[CS-FSLUG] ALSA, PortAudio, PulseAudio, etc.

Jonathan E. Brickman jeb at joshuacorps.org
Sat Feb 7 02:12:24 CST 2009

Well, I have to admit it, y'all were absolutely right.  Pulse, Port, and
aRts are drastic wastes of CPU and configuration time.  I have been
using Sabayon on my desktop for a while now (shockingly stable), and it
uses a direct-to-ALSA approach for all sound, with much better results.
It required a bit of text-file configuration to get the USB speakers
working properly, but the results are clearly very good.

J.E.B.