[CS-FSLUG] It's not an OT post it's a.........

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Thu Feb 5 05:53:56 CST 2009

David McGlone wrote:

> Why in the world would anyone pick Firefox over Opera? Opera just blows firefox
> out of the water, waaaaay out out the water. Opera's speed dial is cool! way
> better than a bookmark!

Opera developers are making some serious errors in how they structure
the thing. It is the only browser I know of capable of causing the X
server to hang, repainting itself on every desktop, even after the
process is dead. Just recently Opera locked up on some bad JScript (to
which Opera seems always vulnerable) and I couldn't get it off the
screen even after I logged out. I had to reboot.

If the thing fails, it should simply crash and disappear. Opera errors
out very, very poorly. This has remained an issue since at least Opera
5.0, and my bug reports to them mean nothing, because it still does the
same thing. In fact, it locks up on the same sites, sites which are
otherwise harmless to the likes of FF, Seamonkey, etc.

--
Ed Hurst