[CS-FSLUG] Chrome OS

Josiah Ritchie josiah.ritchie at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 16:10:52 CST 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Timothy Butler <tbutler at ofb.biz> wrote:
> Has anyone played around with it yet?
>
> Thoughts?
>
>        -Tim

It seems to work much better on Linux than Mac. I've had a bunch of
trouble on Mac, but the Linux version is responsive, supports all the
plugins and is generally better than firefox. I have had problems on
Linux with firefox crashing, etc.

On Linux, if I log out without closing chrome it will complain that it
was shut down improperly.

On both versions I've had it tell me that it couldn't get to a server
and then on a refresh it works fine. A friend has a screenshot of that
happening on Google.com; that's good for humor value. :-)

Occasionally, I've had sites dump me into the mobile version. That can
be annoying, but for the most part it's fine.

I've been happily using chrome as my primary browser on both for a week or two.

JSR/

--
Our Mission
Technology and Hospitality for God's Workmen