[CS-FSLUG] OT: My wife is from this small town in NY.

Josiah Ritchie josiah.ritchie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 09:54:42 CST 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 10:46 AM, l4c <l4c at thelinuxlink.net> wrote:

> Ed Hurst wrote:
>
>> I assert there is an indirect link which is not hidden, but unstated. Most
>> of these articles are aimed at promoting warfare which, in part, operates
>> from the blanket condemnation of Muslims as inherently evil. It's a sort of,
>> "they aren't worth saving." That they do not directly encourage nuking all
>> Islamic countries in the same article where they breathlessly decry what
>> evil plots Muslims have for us is just part of the game.
>>

> Oh, I dunno about all that.  My take is a little bit different.  I don't
> think Muslims are inherently evil any more than anyone else - we are all
> born that way, and Muslims are the people.  What certainly is evil to its
> core, though, is Islam, which demands and drives its followers by force if
> necessary to carry out its evil plans, which include extinguishing any other
> religion from the earth, by force if necessary.  Painting Islam in any other
> light is incorrect by their definition and the Christian one as well, plain
> and simple.
>
> So how far do we all go in spreading the Gospel to Muslims?  As far as
> possible without "casting our pearls before swine".  What do I mean by that?
>  Well, there has got to be a point of diminishing return there somewhere.
>  Would I give my life for a Muslim?  I dunno - maybe if God really impressed
> upon me to do so.  Would I sacrifice my family?  No way.  This is the very
> kind of decision many Christians face when dealing with Muslims.  V.O.M.
> reminds us that Christians in Islamic nations are hunted down and murdered
> like that all the time and Islam is ever on the advance not only in 3rd
> world countries, but increasingly so in the US/UK and all across Europe too.
>
> Definitely something to think about right?

Islam is on the advance not for us lacking to attack it, but for us lacking
to show the world what is good and right and making Christianity look more
foolish than it already does. Europe was lost to Christianity before Islam
became popular. The same could be said of France. As a whole, we have lost
our saltiness and our light. If people are turning to Islam it is because
they do not see a better alternative. We must "fight" to help people
understand the alternative. If God requires my family, well, frankly it's
already His. Who am I?

JSR/

--
Our Mission
Technology and Hospitality for God's Workmen