[CS-FSLUG] Cheap web hosting

Cia Watson ciamarie at my180.net
Sat Dec 12 17:04:26 CST 2009

I'm reviving this old thread, because I find that I now need a new web
host, asap. My previous host (witnesstoday.org) offered free hosting to
Christian web sites, and that fit my budget at the time. My budget is
now slightly better (and I've made a few small donations to that
ministry over the last year or so...) -- I discovered today that my
website comes up 'Apartment for Rent at eft-sw.com' and the Witnesstoday
site just comes up saying 'connecting to witness today' but it doesn't
go anywhere. Here's my blog post:
http://eft-sw.blogspot.com/2009/12/apartment-for-rent.html

I'm not sure what happened, he might have gotten overwhelmed or
something; but the Lord told me a few weeks ago to find a new host
provider and I hadn't done that yet. (ugh)

My question is, in response to this email, how do I get in touch with
Tim Butler? I went to the ofb.biz site, and see they're using
serverforest.com, is that Tim's company? If not, or if Tim is reading
this please send me an email.

I'm not even sure what happens to the domain address or anything, it was
under Witness Today.org; I'm sort of freaking out. :-) Prayers are
welcome!

In case it matters, I was using straight html pages with a pdf e-booklet
available for download, and about a half-dozen articles, and a few
months ago I started using Drupal 6.14; a high-traffic day is generally
not more than 20 hits/day, though after I started using Drupal I got a
few spam comments on a regular basis so I started using Mollom to filter
that. I usually used ftp to send my content to the server, they used
helm v4 for other admin tasks, but it was slow. It was using MS server
software, hopefully my new host uses linux...

Thanks,

Cia