[CS-FSLUG] I had a dream that posed an interesting question

Robert Wohlfarth rbwohlfarth at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 17:19:12 CST 2009

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Jim Isbell, W5JAI <jim.isbell at gmail.com>wrote:

> Is there a purpose for human life if there is only ONE person?  Is
> there something to give life meaning if you are the only one left?
> Maybe there is still something for you to do?

I wonder if Adam pondered that question in the Garden of Eden?

God is intimately involved with His creation. Even His act of grace on the
cross re-established *communication*. We're made in His image. I would fully
expect *the last person on earth* to crave companionship just like Adam did.

Being a nerd, I love the movie *Highlander*. It explores the question of
immortality in the face of death. Who wants to live forever, when everyone
you know dies? And the sword fights are cool.

It's no mistake that Revelation ends describing a *city*. A large group of
people, in close quarters, helping each other every day. Communion is at the
heart of who we are. Even in God's perfect creation (Eden and New
Jerusalem), communion with other people - not just God - was integral.

Wow, I had never thought about that before. Sounds like I come down on the
side of "no", there is no purpose for leaving only ONE person. Great
question.

--
Robert Wohlfarth