[CS-FSLUG] struggeling with cvs

David McGlone david at dmcentral.net
Wed Aug 12 17:33:25 CDT 2009

I have struggled with cvs and cervisia for 2 days now.

For one, I am wondering how changes are applied to a "final copy" for instance,
say I have a repository with index.php in it and I have a working folder that
I have checked out index.php to, Ok now supposed I change the copy of
index.php in my "working" folder, I then comment the changes to the
repository, the changes go into a file called "index.php,v" but I cannot for
the life of me figure out how to apply the changes of the "index.php,v"  to the
"index.php" file in the repository.

Am I thinking correctly? Is this how it's supposed to work?

I just don't understand. It really doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever.

My biggest problem is it doesn't make sense to upload the copy you are working
on, it makes sense to upload the copy in cvs, but it seems impossible.

Ok I may be rambling a little here. I've followed tutorial after tutorial on
the net and still don't understand it.

--
Blessings
David M.