[CS-FSLUG] Best Wireless-N Routers

Brian Cline slickguy1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 13:54:03 CDT 2009

I will never buy anything made Belkin again after dealing with consistantly
lost packets from the Belkin N1 Vision Wireless. I restart the router at
least once a day.

------------------------------

> Message: 5
> Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 08:01:47 +0200
> From: Jon Glass <jonglass at usa.net>
> Subject: Re: [CS-FSLUG] Best Wireless-N Routers
> To: "A Christian virtual Free Software and Linux Users Group."
>        <christiansource at ofb.biz>
>
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 11:59 PM, Timothy Butler<tbutler at ofb.biz> wrote:
> > I'm wondering if anyone has thoughts on Wireless N routers?
>
> I'll just tell you two brands I avoid for anything--D-link and Belkin.
> Belkin advertised Mac compat. but it was only compat with OS9, and no
> X drivers for the router I bought on their web site (I also bought a
> Belkin USB wifi stick, and it had the _exact_ same problems--no X
> software!). The hardware felt cheap.
>
> D-Link has given us nothing but problems. Between us and or coworkers
> and church, we have several we've bought, both wireless and wired, and
> every one has, in the end dropped connections, stopped forwarding DNS,
> and otherwise been unreliable. And no two are the same model, which is
> weirder. Just not trustworthy.
>
> We recently replaced the one at church for an N router with DSL, and
> we are loving it. It was a breeze to set up, has wonderful security
> features, has been flawless since we bought it, and cost a boatload of
> money--but we would gladly pay it again. In fact, I'm hoping my D-Link
> at home will die so I can buy a new Linksys. ;-) I think the one we
> have is the one you mentioned, but I'll have to go to church tobe
> sure.
>
> --
>  -Jon Glass
> Krakow, Poland
> <jonglass at usa.net>
>
> "I don't believe in philosophies. I believe in fundamentals." --Jack
> Nicklaus

> End of Christiansource Digest, Vol 66, Issue 6

Brian-Robert Cline
Computer Programmer
Website: http://www.brcline.com

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where
Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above,
not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with
Christ in God. (Colossians 3:1-3)