[CS-FSLUG] won't identify monitor - cured itself

Davidm at HisFeet.net Davidm at HisFeet.net
Fri Aug 7 15:06:08 CDT 2009

I'm a mechanic and I hate it when a machine just "get's well".  When that
happens, I don't learn anything, and whatever problem is there may only be
half solved, and return tomorrow.

When I booted this computer this morning, it came up with a resolution of
1400x900.  It still won't let me choose my preferred 1280x768, but I guess
I'll leave it alone for now while I study it.

Thanks Ed for the info, I'll keep it on file, and see what happens, or use
it on another computer or distro.

About the email: I'm using "SquirrelMail" right now (online) and it
doesn,t show a reply button for each separate letter in the newsletter.  I
plan to start using a client on my computer soon.  Got any
recommendations? It would be nice to have a convenient route to chance the
emails to simpletext files, or html files - each separate from the others.

littlejoe5   (David McMullen)