[CS-FSLUG] mini-ITX boot problem-solved!

Ron Thompson ron.t at xplornet.com
Mon Apr 6 23:28:35 CDT 2009

The help from the this list has really made a difference, and I'm not losing
sleep at night trying to make things work.  The Bible program installed and
seems to be running OK.  I have a preference for older versions, such as the
Geneva and the KJV, but I had no idea that there were so many versions
available in English until I saw the selection menu from crosswires.

   That said, are there other old English versions similar to the Geneva Bible
available online?

   While modern versions do help me to better understand the meaning of the
verses, I'm interested in reading older texts from translators with a
different view, untouched by some modern ideas.

          Ron

On Monday 06 April 2009 17:29, Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
> > Hi Jon,
> >
> >     I must get on my way to work shortly, but before I go I wanted to
> > know if about Bible programs for Puppy.  Is there one available for
> > download now?
>
> Apparently very much so:
>
> http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=34243&sid=0879f62131ffef6b
>f8eae2b48e84ffe3
>
> >     At 4 this morning I was up and checked the download site for the
> > other program I wanted, fldigi, and this time it worked.  I should join
> > the forum and ask about the availability of the other programs I wanted,
> > or for help to get them onto Puppy.
> >
> >      When I woke up this morning I heard about the quake in Italy.   I'll
> > watch the news today for updates.
>
> Yup.  Sounds horrible.
>
> >      Many thanks Jon,
> >
> >             Ron
>
> You are very welcome!
>
> J.E.B.

Ron Thompson, |^|
Yellowknife, NT, Canada
"Who are are these that fly as a cloud, and as doves to their window?" Is 60:8