[CS-FSLUG] PD: OFB's Endorsement for President of the United States

EnzoAeneas enzoaeneas at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 01:28:03 CDT 2008

I enjoyed reading the endorsement as it offered strong arguments for
John McCain, not against his opponent.

I did have to agree with this comment though:

Re: OFB's Endorsement for President of the United States
the closing statement about the strength of john mcCains character was
more relevant before the primaries ended. Unfortunately he hired the
same bush team members, lobbyists, Rove tacticians, and religous
fundamentalists as the G.W. Bush establishment. Most surprisingly, he
displayed no humility when considering how many shady relationships,
prior fiascos, racial slurs, violent extremist connections, and
outright ethics violations McCain is caked with.

The veiled slight against religious fundamentalists aside, a valid
point can be drawn from the comment. Though it does bring up a couple
of questions:

1) If we have asked forgiveness for prior errors from GOD, and
received it, as a candidate, should we feel compelled to address those
errors that are revealed, even if the opposing candidate(s) did not
raise the question themselves or attempt to use it for their gain?

2) In what cases can we use one's associations, even those that are
strictly from business, as reasoning not to vote for them? Should we
not forgive them? Or is it not so much forgiveness, but recognition of
a lack of wisdom rather than versus a lapse in judgment?

Feel free to use any candidate(s) at any level for your responses.
I just ask that they are germane to the questions.

--Kevin James