[CS-FSLUG] PD: Warning from Focus on The Family. I agree 100%!

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Mon Oct 27 13:34:23 CDT 2008

Micah Yoder wrote:
> Yeah, interesting stuff. First, I'm not a liberal by any stretch of
> the imagination -- I've never voted for a Democrat at any level and
> probably never will, and I generally appreciate the work of James
> Dobson. I'm just a little concerned of over-zealous doomsday reactions
> to a likely Obama presidency.
>
> Some of it seems a bit over the top -- churches required to perform
> same sex marriages? Churches are private property, so I can't begin to
> imagine an argument that would require them to do that. AFAIK they
> have always had the right to require their version of pre-marital
> counseling, or some kind of standards, in order to use their
> facilities.

Ever notice what's happening in Canada and Sweden? With a "red" in the
Whitehouse and a demo. Senate and House, Dobson is right!

> As for the rest of the stuff -- they will need to remember that there
> are still a great many Americans with traditional values, and if they
> offend them on this many levels, they will lose as bad in 2012 as
> Republicans lost in 2006 and (apparently) 2008. That provides at least
> somewhat of a check and balance.

My friend, you don't get it. By 2012 it's VERY LIKELY going to be too late!

[snip]

> Not that all this is more important than millions of unborn, which a
> liberal Supreme Court would directly threaten.

Now you see just 1 of the MANY changes that WILL be made! 'TOTAL
abortion on demand at any time during the pregnancy.

> As for increasing gay rights and redefinition of marriage, I'm against
> it in principle. But, I have to wonder if it is really something we
> need to get worked up about, politically? We're in a republic, and
> we're going to get the culture and rules that the people want. The
> last part of Romans 1 is pretty clear what God thinks about that. He
> gives people what they want. There were plenty of heinous activities
> in the culture of Paul's day, but he didn't write to the church to
> tell them to try to change the rules of the culture. He (and Peter)
> wrote that we should lead holy lives in the culture.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one!

> So, what do we do? I'm convinced that while we should vote for people
> who hold Godly views, that is not our main concern. Our main concern
> is expanding God's kingdom and declaring His glory. We need to be
> engaging our culture at every opportunity, pleading with them to come
> to Christ. This can be done regardless of the political climate. And
> maybe, just maybe, increasing "heat" on traditional Christians will
> cause them to stand out from the fake pew-warming Christians, and
> cause Christ to become more visible to others.

That all NEEDS to happen no matter what happens with the election.
However, if NOBama does get elected, it's going to be a LOT harder to do
the above.

Fred

--
"Politicians and diapers need to be changed
regularly -- and for the same reason."