[CS-FSLUG] Fwd: FW: FW: Untimely deaths

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Wed Oct 22 17:49:25 CDT 2008

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:23:00 -0500, EnzoAeneas <enzoaeneas at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Subject: FW: Untimely deaths

Oh noes!!!

> It is written in the Bible (Galatians 6:7):

The context indicates the "sowing" refers to giving to support the Lord's
work. Not sure it can be stretched to cover what follows.

> John Lennon (Singer):

The quote is not quite accurate, and John Lennon later indicated he did
not intend to say the Beatles were in any way more important than Christ.
In fact, he expressed a great deal of grief about the way people took it.

> Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus
> Christ, was shot six times.

Shot by a deranged man who *did* claim Christ. Yeah, that's a good witness.

> Tancredo Neves (President of Brazil):

This is really very complicated, simply because it's politics and it's
Brazil. It seems the people dearly loved him because he was the one hope
they had getting out from harsh authoritarian government. Chances are
quiet good the quote is bogus, spread by his opponents.

> Cazuza (Bi-sexual Brazilian composer, singer and poet):
> He died at the age of 32 of LUNG CANCER in a horrible manner.

Nah. Two different guys there by that name, both famous. One died of AIDS,
the other seems to have died from a politically motivated assassination.

> The man who built the Titanic
> 'Not even God can sink it'

No record to prove he said that, though a crewman seems to have said it.
Testimony indicates he went down with the ship trying to save others,
though I can't find much else to indicate his character of faith.

> Marilyn Monroe (Actress)
> She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show.

No, she wasn't. Billy never got to see her, so she didn't say that. There
is some evidence her death was not entirely due to mere depression, and
may not have taken the pills voluntarily.

> Bon Scott (Singer)
> 'Don't stop me; I'm going down all the way, down the highway to hell'.

It might be pretty easy to see a lot of rock stars using similar language
while hardly embracing Satan. I'd say most of it was simply a rejection of
mainstream society, and I can agree with that. Still, Bon Scott was a
pretty low-life sort in particular.

> On the 19th of February 1980, Bon Scott was found dead, he had been
> choked by his own vomit.

Baloney. It was plain old alcohol poisoning.

> In Campinas , Brazil a group of friends, drunk, went to pick up a
> friend.....

Not a single case of this sort exists in police files.

> Christine Hewitt (Jamaican Journalist and entertainer)
> said the Bible (Word of God) was the worst book ever written.

A Howard Stern wannabe, and he's still alive, having said worse things
than she did. Her death appears to have been connected with making some
other flakes upset.

> 'Jesus'

His name could as easily been translated Joshua. I'm not sure I like the
"magic" tinged intent of messages like this one. Oh-so popular, loaded
with some of the worst, most primitive and unbiblical nonsense.

> I'M TOLD THIS WORKS!!!!! Bishop T.D. Jakes '8 Second Prayer.' Just
> repeat this prayer and see how God moves!!

Ah, yes! Here's magical God-is-my-ATM claim. Pass this 8-second prayer on
to 8 people..... um, no. Not the God of the Bible.

--
Ed Hurst