[CS-FSLUG] [PD] The American Flag - I'm speechless...

Davo Smith christiansource at davosmith.co.uk
Tue Oct 21 02:29:21 CDT 2008

> Second, I can not understand, and
> frankly I consider it impossible to be a believer, and follower of
> Christ AND still support abortion, euthanasia, and the marriage of
> homosexuals. Those 3 things alone are a "killer" in my book.

This one confuses me - whilst I certainly agree that abortion,
euthanasia and homosexual practice are wrong, according to the Bible,
I don't recall anywhere where these are held up (Biblically) as
'in-out' issues (OK 1 Cor 6:9, but that seems to be aimed at those who
are involved in such acts, not those who show grace towards those in
such a situation). My understanding was that the fundamental issues
are a realisation of our personal sinfulness and our trust in Christ's
death and resurrection to restore our relationship with God.

Of much greater importance are issues of "love, joy, peace, patience,
kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control".

>>  Both candidates have
>> inaccurately stated the others' position on various issues.
>
> Yes...that part is true. However, McCanin doesn't have communist ties,
> and terrorists for friends, etc.

I can't say anything about communist ties (and not being from America,
I can't say I share in the total paranoia about anything that looks
even vaguely 'communist'), but I find it really ironic, that in a
discussion about politicians lying about each other, one of those lies
should be trooped out as supporting evidence:
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/he_lied_about_bill_ayers.html

Davo