[CS-FSLUG] [PD] The American Flag - I'm speechless...

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sun Oct 19 21:32:22 CDT 2008

On Oct 19, 2008, at 9:22 PM, Fred A. Miller wrote:

> Ciaran Hamilton wrote:
>> It's listed at http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/stance.asp on
>> Snopes.
>
> First, Snopes, as good as it normally is, is owned and controlled by
> VERY liberal people. Second, I heard myself SOME of that email on a
> news
> story (can't remember which one) as NOBama said it. I just wish I had
> heard the whole thing and remembered what news source.....sorry I
> don't.
> So, I DO know first hand, that Snopes IS wrong.

	I think this might be one of those cases where there is some truth
and some clear error. This has been going around long before the
alleged Meet the Press date, so I doubt very much he said any such
thing on Meet the Press. Obama has gotten increasingly savvy not
saying such things. I suspect this morphed from Obama's dislike of
flag pins and the aforementioned infamous photo of him not putting his
hand over his heart (unlike the other Democratic candidates).

	I suspect there is plenty of fodder just sticking to Joe the Plumber
and his exchange with Sen. Obama. :-)

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Because philosophy arises from awe, a philosopher
tbutler at ofb.biz   | is bound in  his  way to  be a lover of myths  and
www.uninet.info   | poetic fables. Poets and philosophers are alike in
timothybutler.us  | being big with wonder."
                                                      -- Thomas Aquinas