[CS-FSLUG] moving from outlook to thunderbird

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 17 09:34:44 CDT 2008

Keli of Coxsackie wrote:
> Hello..
> I have a friend that is having issues with her outlook and I want to
> encourage her to move to thunderbird for her email..
> When you install it does it have the option to move the outlook settings
> and EMAILS to the new program?

I believe Thunderbird does import messages and settings from both
Outlook & Outlook Express; if not during install, then after under "Tools".

I've found that you can use an IMAP server (either your Linux box or
some ISP's) to transfer email messages between *ANY* two clients that
support IMAP.

Frank