[CS-FSLUG] Senator Obam

David McGlone d.mcglone at att.net
Sun Oct 12 08:21:24 CDT 2008

On Friday 10 October 2008 10:22:44 pm Fred A. Miller wrote:
> Jon Glass wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Keli of Coxsackie
> >
> > <keli at parchmentpress.net> wrote:
> >> agree!

> > Oops. Sorry, I didn't see this post, or I wouldn't have posted my last
> > posts. I should have sent them off-list in any case. Sorry. I still
> > don't know where it went.... I'm using gmail.
> >
> > As to distro--well.....
> >
> > OSX and Ubuntu *whispers* on my MSI Wind....
> >
> > More importantly, what wm or de do people prefer? and to start a more
> > "important" discussion, vi or emacs? :-D (for myself, in the term, I'm
> > all for nano--I can't wrap my head around either of the other two)
>
> Most of what I need to do with a command line editor can be done with
> pico, and it certainly is a LOT more user friendly than vi or emacs, IMHO.

I agree. I don't have a lot of experience with vi or emacs or even pico, but
there have been many times I was stuck in a console and naturally pico was
the quickest simplistic natural way to get something done. The biggest reason
I like pico is because it has the shortcuts listed at the bottom for very
quick and easy navigation.

--
David M.