[CS-FSLUG] a real question....

Josiah Ritchie josiah at ritchietribe.net
Fri Oct 10 21:20:04 CDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 7:45 PM, Ed Hurst <ehurst at asisaid.com> wrote:
> Jon Glass wrote:
>
>> not very useful to me. If I were to compile the latest, does anybody
>> know if it has any new dependencies over 1.6.4? I have no desire to
>> get into _that_ round robin mess again (it was.... ahem.... "fun" in
>> OSX)
>
> I felt it was worth compiling the latest. I'm running Linux on my eMac,
> and I have never found Bibletime for PPC for many distros. I'm using
> SUSE, and that means the shortest path is via SRPM. When I run rpmbuild,
> it tells me what packages are missing. Once that was done, it compiled
> with a hiccup.
>
> Under Ubuntu, you can do the Debian way. I believe it works like this
> from the command line:
>
> apt-get build-dep bibletime
> apt-get source --compile bibletime

Ed speaks wisdom from his years of searching for the proper distro for
whatever hardware he's running at that time in history. :-) build-dep
will at the very least save your unless they've added a dependency
between the current version and the version ubuntu has.

JSR/

--
Our Mission
Technology and Hospitality for God's Workmen