[CS-FSLUG] Senator Obam

Davo Smith christiansource at davosmith.co.uk
Fri Oct 10 13:23:27 CDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 7:00 PM, Jon Glass <jonglass at usa.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Keli of Coxsackie
> <keli at parchmentpress.net> wrote:
>> agree!
>> Eduardo Sanchez wrote:
>>>
>>> I would suggest closing this thread. I mean, everybody is entitled to
>>> his/her own opinion, but this issue is so volatile I'm concerned it will
>>> derive in a fruitless flamewar totally out of character with our Christian
>>> spirit and intent. I repeat, this is just a suggestion.
>>>
>>> Peace and blessings,
>
> Oops. Sorry, I didn't see this post, or I wouldn't have posted my last
> posts. I should have sent them off-list in any case. Sorry. I still
> don't know where it went.... I'm using gmail.
>
> As to distro--well.....
>
> OSX and Ubuntu *whispers* on my MSI Wind....
>
> More importantly, what wm or de do people prefer? and to start a more
> "important" discussion, vi or emacs? :-D (for myself, in the term, I'm
> all for nano--I can't wrap my head around either of the other two)

Yes, this definitely sounds like a good issue to avoid a flame war ;-)

But whilst we're at it: Ubuntu, with the default Xandros on my Asus
EeePC (but getting a bit fed up with Firefox 2).

And No, I can't get my head around vi or emacs either (gedit or pico
for me, or Notepad++ and Wine to avoid confusion when I change
platforms).

Davo