[CS-FSLUG] Software to edit video

Jim Isbell, W5JAI jim.isbell at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 12:35:56 CDT 2008

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Micah Yoder <yoderm at gmail.com> wrote:
> No chance of changing distributions? There's a repository for it for Ubuntu.

No, I like Freespire.

BUT   Freespire 2.0, which is what I run is based on Ubuntu.  However
when I try to download Cinelerra it will not install and looking at
the documentation on CNR, it shows that the version there is only for
Freespire 1.0 which is based on Debian.

I have a dual boot capability and can boot Freespire 1.0, however when
I try to install Cinelerra from CNR, even though it shows it to be
compatible, I get a .cnr file and no instructions on how to run it.

> Compiling it from source might be an option, but that might take some
> doing. I've done it once, but it requires a bunch of libraries to be
> installed.

I have never learned how to do this so I don't attempt it.  I am
familiar with the procedures for compiling "C" and its derivatives but
have never tried any Linux programs.

Jim Isbell
you are just taking up too much space."