[CS-FSLUG] HP Slaps Open Source License on Unix File System

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 13:30:05 CDT 2008

Fred A. Miller wrote:
> HP Slaps Open Source License on Unix File System

[snip]

Fred,

Does this provide any benifits over what Linux has for filesystems
today? I don't recall off-hand if ext3 is case sensitive, but the other
features seem to be up to date with modern standards. Of course I'm
thinking in terms of what a home user might experience as a benefit, not
necessarily what a company would be looking for to use on a server.

Nathan T.