[CS-FSLUG] End of the Net (again)?

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Fri Jun 20 11:10:13 CDT 2008

Josiah Ritchie wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 2:14 AM, Nathan T. <celerate at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone else think that something might just come along to replace
>> the internet. After all, technically the earliest internet access was
>> done by dialling a phone number into a modem and communicating with a
>> computer at the other end. I know that the major phone and cable
>> companies right now also are or control the ISPs, but there are other
>> methods such as linking together wireless routers into a unified network
>> and then somehow linking those across cities. Of course whatever comes
>> around to replace the internet if it's a volunteer lead project will be
>> slow and unreliable, but I'd be more than interested in the potential
>> outcome of such a project.
>
> Yeah, I definitely see it as a possibility. Ed was referring to this
> when he spoke of the BBS network. Previous implementations of this
> sort of thing were limited to very, very, very few people who were
> knowledgeable about the tech required. Seems like those willing to
> figure out how to do it are becoming increasingly numerous. People
> have the taste in their mouth for the power of information now. Just
> the same, it would be a significantly difficult thing to maintain and
> organize.

MOST in todays Fed. Gov't are "control freaks," wanting a totalitarian
Fed. to control all the States. Sooner or later they WILL get their
wish, and that will be the beginning of "the end." They WILL have the
ability to find and most likely kill anyone who transmits in any format
anything that is contrary to liberal policy. Try to envision China on
steroids......about right for what will happen here before long, like in
Jan. when Obamamama takes office. Some have wondered if he's the
Anti-Christ. I don't think so, but if he gets shot in the head and comes
back to life, we'll then know for sure who "he" is. ;)

Fred

--
Linux is an old Latin word meaning, "I don't have
to support your Windows anymore."