[CS-FSLUG] End of the Net (again)?

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 01:14:06 CDT 2008

Does anyone else think that something might just come along to replace
the internet. After all, technically the earliest internet access was
done by dialling a phone number into a modem and communicating with a
computer at the other end. I know that the major phone and cable
companies right now also are or control the ISPs, but there are other
methods such as linking together wireless routers into a unified network
and then somehow linking those across cities. Of course whatever comes
around to replace the internet if it's a volunteer lead project will be
slow and unreliable, but I'd be more than interested in the potential
outcome of such a project.

Nathan T.