[CS-FSLUG] PD: Rick Warren: Opposed to gay marriage, not gay partnerships

Stephen J. McCracken smccracken at hcjb.org.ec
Sun Dec 28 22:33:41 CST 2008

Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
> Fred A. Miller wrote:
>> http://www.onenewsnow.com/Church/Default.aspx?id=366760
>>
>>> "I have in no way ever taught that homosexuality is the same thing as
>>> a forced relationship between an adult and a child, or between
>>> siblings," Warren said. "I was trying to point out I'm not opposed to
>>> gays having their partnership. I'm opposed to gays using the term
>>> marriage for their relationship."
> Well.  I am not interested in fighting sinners for control over a sinful
> nation of this world.  However, I am also distressed to find that Mr.
> Warren has given the impression that he does not regard perverse
> partnership as evil.

I don't know if I would say this.  I don't know what Mr. Warren
believes, but, as has been mentioned before, sin is sin.  To be
consistent, though, if you demonize your homosexual neighbor, you also
need to demonize your neighbor that just fudges on his taxes, lusts
after women, or just lives as if God doesn't exist (even if he is a
"good guy").

ALL of us are sinners.  Some of us are under the blood of Jesus Christ.
 Without the grace and mercy of God, we're all headed to the same place
whether we just don't acknowledge God in our lives or are blatant
homosexuals or are serial murderers.

Just some perspective.

sjm