[CS-FSLUG] TD: OFB: Have Yourself a Merry Little Culture War

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sat Dec 20 20:15:09 CST 2008

Some food for thought/discussion from my most recent article:

---

Few gestures can be as delightful as a hearty “Merry Christmas” this
time of year. Yet the phrase has become embroiled in a “culture war,”
the most recent salvo of which came from the pro-Christmas American
Family Association, which sought to get its members to turn against
retailer Costco, after Costco started favoring “holiday” over
“Christmas.”

http://www.ofb.biz/safari/article/506.html

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Now  that  I am a  Christian  I  do have moods
Editor, OfB.biz   | in which the whole thing looks very improbable:
tbutler at ofb.biz   | but when I was an  atheist I had moods in which
timothybutler.us  | Christianity looked terribly probable."
                                                       -- C.S. Lewis