[CS-FSLUG] HP preloads SuSE Linux

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 23:54:53 CST 2008

Fred,

If I understood their site right HP has provided SuSE Linux as an option
on it's small business machines for a while in Canada, the only catch is
that no machines are pre-configured to come with it, but rather that
would be a CTO option. At the very least they list SuSE Enterprise Linux
as a compatible OS for many of their business machines, and I can assure
you first hand that they do run Linux quite well (wireless included).
 From my first experience with my 6510b, I think I'll be very inclined
to get another HP Compaq business machine next time I'm wanting a new
laptop.

Nathan T.