[CS-FSLUG] SUSE Linux is growth engine for Novell

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Mon Dec 8 15:00:19 CST 2008

SUSE Linux is growth engine for Novell
http://go.techtarget.com/r/5228446/1461419
[Pam Derringer, News Writer]

Linux is alive and well at Novell Inc.

In its year-end fiscal report last week, the company reported that
open source products, primarily Linux, rose $34.8 million or 37% to
$128.8 million in 2008. Fourth-quarter open source revenues rose just
a whisker less or 36.1% to $35.7 million.

The increases far outstripped Novell's other three product divisions,
which are identity and security management, systems and resource
management, and its workgroup division.

Thanks to aggressive pricing and key partnerships with companies such
as Microsoft and SAP, the company's Linux growth rates far exceeded
the 22% increase in the overall Linux market, said Novell CEO Ron
Hovsepian.

--
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties
than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to