[CS-FSLUG] OS/2 Anyone?

Yama Ploskonka yama at netoso.com
Sat Apr 5 14:17:17 CDT 2008

Trying to get a job in a Box that is bound to Canonical (the pooh-bahs
behind Ubuntu) they convinced me to go with that one, so I dropped
PCLinuxOS, which I had run flawlessly up to then.  Ubuntu recognizes
some hardware I was having trouble with (a Canon printer, basically),
but seems noisier, slower, and generally I'm not sure I gained by the
change.  I am finding it will get very demanding on memory when
multitasking, everything sort of freezes.  I just upped to 768 MB, and
it's sort of OK.  PCLOS was happy with 512.

Worst is, I didn't get the job... :-(