[CS-FSLUG] Fingerprint system

Greg Slade grgaslists at rogers.com
Mon Sep 24 23:45:22 CDT 2007

> I have had 3 laptops over the last few years with
> fingerprint scanners. They're actually quite nice, because
> I can set some abhorent password that I don't really need
> to remember, because I swipe my finger to login.  And no
> one else can get into my stuff as a result.

Actually, while biometrics are all the rage, they're apparently not all
that accurate. I've read that all you need to fool the fingerprint
scanners built into laptops is some Silly Putty. So if you can set your
laptop to require *both* a fingerprint *and* a password, that would
certainly be more secure.

God bless,

Greg

Greg Slade                           http://freegroups.net/camsoc/greg/
"Do unto your employees as you would have them do unto your customers."
                          - Poster on the wall in the offices of BC Gas