[CS-FSLUG] Seeking Opinions On New MS Patent

Don Parris parrisdc at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 11:56:31 CDT 2007

I would like to get opinions from folks on the Microsoft patent filed
recently:

According to Slashdot:
http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/09/04/1638239&from=rss

The application involves the ability to direct specific content to specific
groups, and can even block content, according to a group's ratings system.

http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PG01&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=%2220070204287%22.PGNR.&OS=DN/20070204287&RS=DN/20070204287

Is this an attempt at Salvation by code?  Could some misconstrue or misuse
it that way?  Will Evangelicals jump on this as an advance in
"accountability" partnerships?  Is it simply big brother?

I may want to use your comments in an article.  I won't use your comments
unless you give me express permission in your response.  Any takers?

Don
--
D.C. Parris
Minister, Editor, Free Software Advocate