[CS-FSLUG] Mandriva Club

Vincent Danen vdanen at linsec.ca
Thu Jul 5 01:18:39 CDT 2007

* Nathan T. <celerate at gmail.com> [2007-07-04 21:51:23 -0600]:

>Is anyone here still in the Mandriva Club? My last impression was
>that everyone had moved away from that particular distribution, but
>now that I have a job and a way to pay online I'm considering getting
>a years subscription. Lately I've been looking for a good
>distribution to get my hands on, and Vista (while bearable but
>annoying on my one desktop) absolutely sucks the life out of my
>laptop. It's too bad Microsoft doesn't issue refunds 30 days past
>purchase of the product, I'd like to get a refund on that Vista
>upgrade I tried on my laptop. Mandriva has been better lately, and
>after trying out the 2007.0 version for a few months I'm looking at
>getting 2007 spring.
>
>I was just hoping for some short user-reviews of the Mandriva Club
>service, what perks made it worth the cost to you?

I can't really comment on the Club... I have an account, but I rarely
use it.  I do know it has been getting better and more things are
planned (but I can't divulge specifics).

I can also tell you that 2007.1 is better than 2007; both are good
versions, but 2007.1 adds some nice stuff and feels better.

Mandriva is also working great on my HP tablet... a laptop that neither
SUSE nor Ubuntu could make work as well as Mandriva did (in fact, Ubuntu
refused to even boot on the silly thing).

--
Vincent Danen @ http://linsec.ca/