[CS-FSLUG] Disciples or Christians

Keli of Coxsackie keli at parchmentpress.net
Wed Dec 26 09:28:28 CST 2007

The Apostles - they were not Supermen... They themselves were a rag-tag
bunch
— a few fishermen, a tax collector, a political activist… no one of
great significance. Yet the
Master looked them square in the eyes and told them:
“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.
Nor do people light a
lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to
all in the house. In the same
way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good
works and give glory to
your Father who is in heaven. (Matthew 5:14-16)

“Us? Is He talking about us? The light of the world? A city? Us?”
Yes, He was talking about them, and those who would receive them, and
the communities
full of wholehearted disciples that would result from them forsaking
their old lives for
His sake and the Gospel’s sake. There would be many “cities” set on
hills, shedding light for
the world around them to see.

A people who cry out for grace each day to do his will.. Normal people
with faults and iniquities that the Master needs people to overcome
(with his grace) to put all of his enemies under his feet!

later,
Michael Markuson (aka Keli)
Parchment Press
52 S River St