[CS-FSLUG] bible study software

John Mark Clayton clayton256 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 16:33:18 CST 2007

I was working with Kevin (Kim is his wife) for a couple hours
yesterday via IM.  As it turns out, dreamlinux as enough different
from ubuntu (even though both are debian based) to make helping out
more difficult that one would expect.
1) There actually is no /etc/apt/sources.list file.  There is a
/etc/apt/sources.list.d
directory.  So he'll need to go though the individual files looking
for the lines to uncomment.  So which line to uncomment?  If I google
"debian bibletime" I get a package web page telling me that bibletime
is in the unstable repository, but the package is looks to me like
it's in the stable tree on the server!
2) I thought about giving him the universe line from ubuntu's
sources.list, but then I got to thinking about that.  Bibletime has a
lot of dependencies, so if the bibletime binaries come from a ubuntu
build but the dependent libraries come from a debian build it seems to
me it's very likely there are call differences which might lead to
crashes.
If the bibletime developers and/or the dreamlinux dev team can't come
up a solution then I don't know what to suggest next.  I thought I
might try to boot a dreamlinux live cd and try to install bibletime,
but I don't know if I'll get to it this week.
Does anyone else have any thoughts?
Mark