[CS-FSLUG] bible study software

David McGlone d.mcglone at att.net
Sun Dec 9 18:51:01 CST 2007

On Sunday 09 December 2007 5:54:46 pm Kim Chupe wrote:
> when i try it i get:
> kevin at Dreamlinux:~$ sudo apt-get install bibletime
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> Package bibletime is not available, but is referred to
> by another package.
> This may mean that the package is missing, has been
> obsoleted, or
> is only available from another source
> W: Couldn't stat source package list
> http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/main Packages
> (/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.de.debian.org_debian_dists_unstable_main_binary-i38
>6_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
> W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these
> problems
> E: Package bibletime has no installation candidate
> kevin at Dreamlinux:~$
> do i need to add the source to my repositories list?

Kim, compare your /etc/apt/sources.list to mine maybe this will help.

I have trimmed everything out except the lines that are not commented out:

david at buddy:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ gutsy-updates main restricted
deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ gutsy-updates main restricted
deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ gutsy-updates universe
deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ gutsy-updates universe