[CS-FSLUG] Christiansource Digest, Vol 46, Issue 2

Georges Rodier georges.rodier at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 13:05:06 CST 2007

> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 09:06:56 -0800
> From: Greg Slade <grgaslists at rogers.com>
> Subject: Re: [CS-FSLUG] International Data - Country codes anyone
>
> >  Does Russia still place the destination address up left corner and
> >  the originator (return) right down? (that is, the opposite we do
> >  elsewhere?).  Any other country does that?
>
> Hmmm... I didn't know they did that, but you have reminded me that in
> Russia (and Ukraine) addresses go from most to least significant, rather
> than the other way around, as we do it. Thus, country comes first, and
> name comes last.
>
> God bless,
>
> Greg
>
> End of Christiansource Digest, Vol 46, Issue 2

Please check the earlier posting by Frank with the link to Russian
postal service.  Looks like they now are on-stream for "normal" type
addressing - and I quote:

"A sender himself fills in the address of an addressee and addresser
on postal items, postal letterforms, covering documents for parcels,
direct containers, postal orders. Address shouldn't contain abbreviate
names and marks that don't refer to the address.

Address components should be written n the following order:
Name of addressee (for citizens-surname, name, patronymic )
- Name of the street, number of the house and flat
- Name of the settlement (town, village and other)
- Name of the district
- Name of the republic, territory, region, autonomous district(region)
- Name of the country (for international items)
- Postcode

 Address of an addressee must be written in the right bottom part of
envelope, packet, postcard or any postal wrapper. Address of an
addresser must be written in the left upper part of item wrapper.

 All address components should be written legibly with ink pen or
typed on any printing machine. As recommended address should be
written in capital letters.

Postcode is an integral part of address. If you don't know postcode or
you are not quite sure check it up in the post office or at our site."

N.B., they do have a very specific design for characters used in their
postal codes.  Their site is worth a quick visit.
http://www.russianpost.ru/portal/en/home/postal/rule_adress

Georges