[CS-FSLUG] OT: Prayer Request-Sermon

edoc7 edoc7 at verizon.net
Fri Sep 29 21:50:36 CDT 2006

Ed Hurst wrote:
> Christopher Rose wrote:
>> Here is my prayer request. I will be doing the sermon at Our Saviour's Lutheran
>> Church LCMC/NWD in Burien WA (http://www.embark.to/oslc) on Sunday 1 October
>> 2006 at 09:30am. For those who live in Washington and are able to attend, I
>> would appreciate your coming, if just to laugh at me. Either way, I would
>> definately appreciate your prayers as I am hoping to begin to find the path that
>> God has chosen for me. Thank You all.
>>
>> Pax,
>> Christopher Rose
>
> Full speed ahead, Christopher!

Lutherans and Catholics have been poking fun
at one another and themselves for generations.
I have even experienced it in a small village
in Hungary when they each joined the other in
special combined services on consecutive Sundays.

It seems that over the past couple of decades the
plague of political correctness has diminished us
into a terminally whiny world.  No matter what you
tell a joke about someone will find an excuse to be
offended.

Just be sure they know your heart and silently
pray that the screen door doesn't hit those
who choose to leave offended too hard.  :-)

I will pray in agreement for that, and that you
discern God's perfect will for your place and
form of service!

doc