[CS-FSLUG] First message...

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 18:07:15 CDT 2006

On 9/17/06, Chad Fluegge <chadfluegge at gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> This is my first message to this list.

Welcome.
Have you been lurking for a while, or have you recently signed up?

> I've been monkeying with Linux for awhile now, and just recently made the
> complete switch over to Ubuntu from WinXp. I'm liking it so far, except for
> a couple of things. I can't get my CDRW to write MP3 cds using K3B, it keeps
> telling me that there is nothing in the drive.

I can tell you it should be possible, but if I'm not mistaken support
for the mp3 format was taken out of Ubuntu. There are some
applications and scripts to help you get the support back; I think
easyUbuntu was one, but I can't tell you for sure because It's been a
while since I've used the distribution.

> Also, I'd like to be able to play Call of Duty via WINE, but I can't get
> past the part of switching cds. I have successfully ejected the cd using via
> the terminal, but when I put the second cd in nothing happens. Even after
> mounting, unmounting, and remounting; still nada.

Cadega supports the game.
http://transgaming.org/gamesdb/games/alphabrowse.mhtml?letter=C