[CS-FSLUG] Network problems

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 11:18:35 CDT 2006

I fixed it folks. The linksys router was not assigned a domain or a
hostname for that matter, it worked fine with Windows that way but OS
X was more picky. I restarted the linksys router with the Mac Mini
off, booted the Windows machine (still with the mini off), then booted
the mini with the network cable unplugged. I then set the router's
hostname and domain, and noticed there was a field in the setup called
"Search Domains". I gave the thing the router's domain, and then
plugged it in and from there on it was sharing the router with two
windows machines and there wasn't a hitch.