[CS-FSLUG] [Ichthux] Loaded Ichthux!

xxx xxxx cyberdamon at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 12 17:59:29 CDT 2006

Hello all,
Today I loaded Ichtux amazing grace, and I have some questions...
Bare with me please I am a newbie.

It seemed to install wihout a hitch but locked on the shutdown and reboot
when it finished the install. I shut down the system, ejected the cd and
booted.

I opened konquorer to post this email(which is done on my win system) and it
would not display hotmail pages at all.

I do not recall it prompting me for a root password, I tried root login with
my password (in case I set it without thinking) and no go.

I do have a couple of suggestions thoug. (these are in no way critisms but
only sugestions okay?) I would like to see firefox, and gimp on here.

I could install them yes but it would be nice to have them already on there.

On a separate note, (being a newbie at this) I noticed that when I install
apps in linux there is no evidence of it. No "shortcuts" on the desktop no
entry on the menu and no clue as to where it is installed. So even if I
install them how do I access or know where they are?

Anyway, thanks to all in advance and Great Job Raphael!!!!! God Bless
everyone here.