[CS-FSLUG] Changed to Ubuntu - Gnomesword once more

hilding he7316575 at yahoo.se
Mon Oct 9 01:51:04 CDT 2006

Ed Hurst wrote:

>hilding wrote:
>

>>Sorry to say, I am coming back with my questions about Sword and
>>Gnomesword plus Bibletime. Now I have put away Fedora5 and I am only
>>using Ubuntu, BUT, it occurs that there are similar problems to download
>>and install Gnomesword within the ordinary products in Ubuntu.
>>Precisely, how do you do this? Could You please take it one by one.
>>First of all I will clean my computer from every gnomesword and sword.
>>

>I don't know what else to say except try the command line:
>
>sudo apt-get update
>sudo apt-get install gnomesword
>
>It should automatically take care of the dependencies.

I have done this exactly in the terminal, and I can see the downloading
of all files. When I then try to start gnomesword in the accessoaries I
get the same message. "Gnomesword has unexpectingly been closed. Please
contact the developing team" (roughly translated)

I have also used the synaptic and put a mark for sword* and also
gnomesword but with the same result, so at this moment I will use the
pdf-files for M.Henry, Gill, Strong and so on.

Bibletime is composed for KDE. Is it possible to use Ubuntu and not
Kubuntu for this program? I cannot change the session to KDE from GNOME,
so I am a little bit confused.

Thank You for taking Your time to help a newbeginner from Sweden!

/Hilding E