[CS-FSLUG] Debian apt question

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Thu Oct 5 21:51:41 CDT 2006

I've mentioned my fondness for cream/gvim for writing webpages. I
discovered under FreeBSD the new combo based on Vim 7.0 has a vastly
improved spell-checker, among other things. I want it on a Kubuntu box.
However, the version built for my architecture is Vim 6.4. I happen to
know the repository has the source for 7.0, and I know I can use apt-get
to build it.

Would this work to that purpose?

   apt-get build-dep vim  vim-common vim-gnome vim-gui-common vim-runtime
   apt-get -b source vim  vim-common vim-gnome vim-gui-common vim-runtime

Would it update the currently installed packages? (I already know I'll
have to do cream manually.)

--
Ed Hurst