[CS-FSLUG] Member Bios

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Tue Oct 3 20:40:58 CDT 2006

Hi Eduardo,

On Sep 29, 2006, at 5:46 PM, Eduardo Sanchez wrote:
> btw, I'm from Paraguay (South America). Several members' biographies
> along with mine are posted online. Tim, if you read this, can you post
> the relevant URL, please?

	The address is:
http://cs.uninetsolutions.com/memberbios.html

	Although most of it looks like it is about three or four years out
of date. Maybe everyone should send me updates so I can fix it up.
Or, maybe I should just setup a wiki...

	Here's a reworking of the old bio I have on that page:

Timothy R. Butler
LOCATION: St. Peters, Missouri
WEB SITE: http://timothybutler.us
BLOG: http://asisaid.com/journal/

Hi, I'm Tim Butler. I live in St. Peters, Missouri, which is in the
St. Louis Metro area. I enjoy reading a mix of light fiction,
literature, theology, philosophy, etc.; I am also a bit of a
shutterbug with about 13,000 photos under my belt for the year. I
enjoy writing for fun (on my blog) and for work (in various places).

I currently operate Universal Networks, which, beyond hosting this
list, offers web hosting and IT consulting services, Free Software
for web development (including a content management system), the
FaithTree.com Christian portal, and OfB.biz (currently on hiatus).

I'm also completing my final semester as a student at Lindenwood
University (BA in English and Religion with minor in Philosophy). The
BA in Religion ("religious studies"/"academic study of religion"
describes it better) is finished, I'm just tying up loose ends on the
other two parts. I hope to move on to an M.Div program at a seminary
in January.

I started out with Linux and *nix on the server in 1997 and have run
different versions of Linux on my desktop for nearly eight years (I
quit using Windows as my primary desktop OS back in 2001 and used
Linux as my primary OS for about three years after that). I started
out with RedHat 5.1, switched to SuSE 6.1 in May 1999 (then 6.4 and
7.1), and then moved to Mandrake Linux in November 2001 (I also used
Debian on the desktop from Feb-March 2002). I switched to Fedora in
early 2004 before becoming a full time Mac user. I now run Mac OS X
Tiger, but I admin GNU/Linux on the server and have one Ubuntu
desktop. Some people say I'm stuck in Steve Job's reality distortion
field.

Finally, in case anyone is interested, I attend St. Paul's
Evangelical Church (www.stpaulsefree.org), which is a member of the
Evangelical Free Church of America. I am neo-orthodox reformed in
theology. For those who have never heard of neo-orthodoxy, I'll just
say that theologically I identify with the Presbyterian church.
Favorite theologians and philosophers would include Karl Barth, Soren
Kierkegaard, John Calvin, St. Thomas Aquinas and Aristotle.

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "The theologian who labors without joy is not a
Editor, OfB.biz   | theologian at all. Sulky faces, morose thoughts
tbutler at ofb.biz   | and boring ways of  speaking are intolerable in
timothybutler.us  | this field."
                                                       -- Karl Barth