[CS-FSLUG] Kontact vs Sylpheed

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 18:54:56 CST 2006

On 3/24/06, doc <edoc7 at verizon.net> wrote:
> > There is no such thing as a "superior mail client." The best mail client
> > is the one which works like you do.
>
> I agree.  Part of the challenge here is to keep
> my wife happy with Linux.  My son (10.5yrs) will
> work with anything.

I really liked Sylpheed, to tell the truth.  It had some annoying
features, such as freezing while checking the pop accounts, which is
really irritating when you're trying to write an e-mail message.  On
the other hand, Kontact is now doing that to me as well.  The other
annoying feature of Sylpheed was that it seemed to take forever to
filter messages, once it downloaded them.  But if I can't get KMail's
pop filter to work properly, that will really drive me crazy. ;-)

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/