[CS-FSLUG] Kontact vs Sylpheed

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Fri Mar 24 18:07:00 CST 2006

doc wrote:
>>As much as I have enjoyed using Kontact these past few months, I am
>>considering going back to Sylpheed.  I cannot get Kmail's pop filter
>>to delete messages from my pop servers after x number of days.  While
>>Thunderbird isn't bad, I much prefer Sylpheed's power and flexibility.

[snip]

> I tried Sylpheed and simply hated it.

There is no such thing as a "superior mail client." The best mail client
is the one which works like you do. My preference is Mozilla Suite's
mail client because T-bird has dropped a few features, and I despise the
interface icons. I'd use Seamonkey, but I can't get a stable package for
CentOS. It disappears off the screen the way Mozilla used to back before
1.4.

I'd probably use Pine & Joe even more, but it won't do multiple accounts
without a lot of cranky work-arounds. Also, I can't get my MTA to speak
to my primary mail server, since my machine uses an IP on a preventive
blocklist (home DSL IP space is routinely blocked on many lists).

I rather like Opera's mail client, but it's missing a few control
features I need.

Again, it all depends on how you work, what matters to you.

--
Ed Hurst