[CS-FSLUG] Eastern disciplines in regard to our faith.

doc edoc7 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 13 23:17:20 CST 2006

 > David Aikema wrote:
> On 3/13/06, 'Mash <re.mash at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Now as most no longer involve the "spirituality" the were practised
>> for and with, they still are products of the original "occult."
>
> Couldn't you argue the same as far as the origin of christmas is concerned?

I think the debate may miss a couple of key
defining variables:

1.  Is spiritual authority involved?
2.  Is spiritual vulnerability created?
3.  What is the heart of the practitioner?

1.  If spiritual authority of any sort is invoked and
it is not intentionally that of the God of the
Bible then it is of Satan.  Jesus made it clear,
and Paul echoed Him, that there are two spiritual
powers at war and it is that unseen battle that
is the important one.

2.  If the activity in any way promotes spiritual
vulnerability then it is very dangerous.  A failure
to intentionally defend the activity (spiritually)
as a Christian with Christ's delegated authority
based on relationship with Jesus and through the
offices of the Holy Spirit otherwise opens a
window to the emissaries of the Enemy.

3.  If the heart of the practitioner is thoroughly
sold out to Christ, is actively seeking His perfect
discernment via the indwelling Holy Spirit and is
intentionally denying evil any avenue of access
then perhaps ... but then why mess with such things
when it is not at all necessary?

We briefly allowed our children to attend karate
classes with non-Christian leaders on two occasions.
On both occasions the Spirit within me was obviously
grieved.  I even tried to take some courses as an
example to our children and was very troubled.

We then moved them to a Christian leader who prayed
before and after every class.  No problem -- he
severed the spiritual connection to the past and
thus denied the Enemy access through what otherwise
might have been a window due to the Eastern history.

I am not a superstitious person but I do accept
the Biblical teaching about spiritual matters.

Does any of all that clarify or clutter?

I am still processing it all myself!

--
Thank you! DavidC

http://bibleseven.com