[CS-FSLUG] OT: Blessed (Mother) Teresa of Calcutta once said:

doc edoc7 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 13 19:14:14 CST 2006

> Found this quote yesterday.
>
> Two points I think are fantastic.
> The line; "So the mother who is thinking of abortion, should be helped
> to love, that is, to give until it hurts her plans, or her free time,
> to respect the life of her child."
>
> and that she calls calls abortion "violence" which I have never
> thought of it in that term.
>
> Fantastic and makes me love that lady more and more.
>
> 'Mash

I am no fan of the adoration of mere humans,
but Mother Teresa did live a life worthy of
respect.

I have often repeated the story that late in her
life she was confronted by an insolent young
reporter who said something like "By any measure
the slums of Calcutta are as bad or worse than
when you arrived there decades ago, don't you
feel as though your time has been wasted?"

Her reply was the one every Biblical Christian
should reply.

God told me to go and I did as He asked.  In the
lives of the individuals whom I served I believe
I made a difference.  It is God's job to see to
the big picture, it is mine to be obedient."
(Paraphrased from memory.)

For what it is worth Mother Teresa was sometimes
at odds with some of the folks in Rome, beginning
with the earliest days of resisting the call to a
girls school and insisting upon remaining in Calcutta,
to other dust-ups.

Because of her simple faithfulness and her priority
for service over bureaucracy or tradition God did use
her in notable ways around the world.

--
Thank you! DavidC

http://bibleseven.com