[CS-FSLUG] Computer Science

Michael Bradley, Jr. michaelsbradleyjr at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 19:39:58 CST 2006

On 3/9/06, Nathan T. <celerate at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm finding that although I do know how to program and use different
> APIs, I don't know how to apply it so much. I think I'm missing a fair
> bit of knowledge concerning standards on how things are done, for
> example how different networking protocols work and how some common
> problems are solved. I was wondering if someone could point me to the
> right kind of books to learn that from, I'm going to be looking for
> good post-secondary courses on it later on; however, in the mean time
> I'd like to pursue it myself.
>
> The books I'm looking for should be geared more towards the programmer
> mentality, they shouldn't necessarily be programming books, but
> technical books explaining how different things (hardware *and*
> software related) work ...

Nathan,

The following website+book, and the other resources listed there, might be
of some help to you, though they don't quite match up to all of your stated
preferences:

Dive Into Python

http://www.diveintopython.org/

The Dive Into Python book can be downloaded+printed and/or read on-line for
free!  And the links will guide you to some additional, possibly useful,
free learning resources.

I will keep you in my prayers.

In Christ,

Michael Bradley, Jr.

--
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life . . ." (John 14:6)

My home on the Net ::
   http://www.michaelsbradleyjr.net/

IC XC NIKA