[CS-FSLUG] Mutt & POP

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Wed Mar 8 20:50:39 CST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 12:59 -0500, Don Parris wrote:
> O.k.  Thanks!  I did manage to setup mutt to retrieve mail from one
> pop account, and leave the mail on the server, which is what I want.
> I am starting to learn my way around a little bit.  I appreciate your
> help.

> > >Thanks Tim!  One more question.  I normally use KMail with its
> > >maildirs.  Can I use mutt to read my mail stored in KMail?  I assume
> > >it's a matter of pointing my muttrc to KMail's maildir (thought I saw
> > >something about a maildir_path or similar), but don't want to goof up
> > >something on pure assumptions.

Don, I think you'll really like mutt once you get the hang of it.  I
used it as my sole email client for several years.  I think you'll find
some good stuff here: http://www.elho.net/mutt/maildir/  If you're using
Maildir you'll want this line in your ~/.muttrc: set mbox_type=Maildir

Once you get the hang of the command line you can do anything (barring
graphic design ;) quicker and easier.