[CS-FSLUG] OT: Potter, Halloween and Philipians 4:8

doc edoc7 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 8 20:58:49 CST 2006

Ahh, were it so.

Show me the evidence that even 1/10 of 1% of all of
the children who read and/or view Harry Potter are
participating in any genuine discussion such as you
have described and there might be a shadow of an
argument that what Satan has meant for evil God is
turning to good.  (Though it would be meaningless
to the 99.9% who are being led astray with the
affirmation of adults who should know better.)

We know it is not happening in the government
(public) schools because Jesus is persona non
grata.

Where is it happening?

In the real world Satan is winning and winning and
winning because Christians keep talking and not
acting, keep drawing lines in the sand and then when
challenged they move them backwards, and instead of
calling witchcraft witchcraft make excuses that would
bring Jesus to verbal if not physical violence.

It is beyond me why any Christian would volunteer
to be an apologist for Harry Potter.

I just returned from church where I spent time with
high school students who are seriously seeking out
the Word of God for authority in life and then I
come home to more Christian endorsements of Harry
Potter and his witches.  Talk about cognitive
dissonance.

I must be hearing this discussion with "different
ears" than some others.

Sigh.  doc

--
DavidC