[CS-FSLUG] OT: Potter, Halloween and Philipians 4:8

doc edoc7 at verizon.net
Sun Mar 5 19:02:42 CST 2006

I generally agree so long as we are talking about
educated, reflective, and peer-accountable, adults.

I totally disagree when we are talking about baby
Christians, children, poorly discipled Christians,
and unaccountable Christians.

There is a clear Biblical distinction between
expectations of a "child" and an "adult":

1 Corinthians 13:11
"11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I
reasoned like a child; now that I have become a man, I am done with
childish ways and have put them aside." (Amplified Bible)

I may also watch some science fiction but am careful
which of the sci-fi materials our children watch as
there is lots of new-age, witchcraft, odd spiritualism,
and twisted scripture embedded in the stories.

Sometimes we watch them together so I may teach them
how to discern truth from lies and how to view things
with their minds engaged so lies do not slip by them.

Some will glibly declare that children know what is
make-believe and what is not.  That is "junk science".

doc